Amar started his career with Fleet Management Limited Hongkong, managing massive operations for Chemical Tanker ships. During his sailing, he managed and worked with people of different nationalities. Amar, who is currently pursuing MBA from IIM Amritsar with a keen interest in Operation and Finance, is a fitness enthusiast and likes to travel.
Work Experience :
Fleet Ship Management
- Operation & Management of Chemical Tanker by doing Independent watch keeping of engine room.
- Trained 15 crew members about application of pollution prevention equipment and its regulation.
- Saved fuel oil cost of more than USD 7,150 per month by reducing the turnaround time of the ship.
Positions of Responsibility
- Senior Placement Committee, Elected Member - Reached out to new recruiters and conducted the whole placement process.
- Core Committee Member,Tempest(Annual College Festival) - Organised and managed different sports events as well as different model making competitions.
- Medical Cadet- Medical-In-Charge of the batch during first year of the undergraduate college.
- Awarded scholarship of INR 75000 in 4th, 5th & 6th semesters each by Indian Maritime University, Chennai for exceptional academic performance.
- Awarded scholarship of INR 50000 in 7th semester by Indian Maritime University, Chennai for exceptional academic performance.
- Secured AIR 675 in the Indian Maritime University Entrance Exam.